setup email on the iPhone or the iPod Touch?
You can configure any email account directly on the iPhone or the iPod Touch. You will simply need the standard email account information: username, password, and the incoming and outgoing mail server host information for your domain, e.g. mail.yourdomain.com. This guide is written for Magical Productions only. Details will vary slightly for our other hosting plans.
Text in this color is used as an example. Please be sure to replace this text with the proper information for your site or server.
The following tutorial is provided as a courtesy to our customers to help you configure your iPhone software to work with Magical Productions hosting solutions.
- If this is the first account you're setting up on the iPhone or the iPod Touch, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen choose Settings Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts and choose Add Account....
- Choose your email account type. For setting up email to work with your Magical Productions service choose Other.
- Select Add Mail Account under the Mail section and enter account information.
Fill in your name, email address, password and any descrption you want to give the account to identify it on your iPhone. Then click Save.
You can choose IMAP or POP as your account type. Which one should I choose? Now enter your account details. Examples are given below:
- Incoming & Outgoing Mail Server
- Host Name: mail.yourdomain.com
- User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: If you do not know your password contact us
Tap Save to save the entered information. Your iPhone will then verify your account information. Your iPhone will try to verify your connection over SSL up to two times and will ask you if it is ok to try to setup this connection without SSL. Always click "YES" it is ok to setup the account without SSL. This process can take several minutes! Just wait until the iPhone asks for the SSL connection, click "YES" and wait some more. Eventually it will move on.
You may be notified that "Settings cannot verify the identity" of the server. That is fine, simply click continue.
- Upon successful completion you will be taken back to the Mail Settings screen. If you are using IMAP then you will want to setup the common folders on your device to match the server. Select your newly created account and enter the Advanced section:
- Now you will be able to choose the Drafts, Sent, and Deleted folders on the server. This way your folders will be in sync no matter where or how you access your email. Just choose each Mailbox on the same Advanced screen and select the matching folder on the server:
You should now have a fully configured account on your Apple device.